Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, May 08, 2008

MAS has crossed over the line, disturbing Air Asia business.

Open skies pacts: AirAsia wants similar rights as MAS. Tony Fernandez gets some nerves, when the national carrier [MAS] gets more than they should deserve.

"Don't hold us back. You can let the consumers choose (by having two choices - MAS and AirAsia), but you must also allow us to maximise our profits by granting us the Singapore-Malaysia routes, which will also lead to much lower fares," he added.

I think MAS is losing its market share and they're getting worried. They introduced everyday low fare, cutting down the price, and crush the Air Asia Business.

Malaysia Airlines has denied that its new product “Everyday Low Fares” is meant to cut into the business of other carriers. “Our Everyday Low Fares, launched on Monday to offer zero fares to all domestic destinations, is meant to create new demand and to encourage people who are not planning to travel to do so,” said MAS managing director/chief executive officer Datuk Seri Idris Jala.

3 comments:

jabbar 5/14/2008 12:57 PM  

dua dua MAS dan AIRASIA punye stocks dalam KLSE jatuh sejak beberapa bulan ni, tapi minggu ni AIRASIA tunjuk positif increase compared dgn MAS, ade kaitan dgn strategy MAS ni ke?

Tabuxander 5/15/2008 8:30 PM  

Airasia fight balik promosi MAS, die kurangkan surcharge.

Tony 5/18/2008 12:53 PM  

Hi guys,

thanks for your commnets. Its tough out there but we will fight.
all we want is more competition. competition is good and we have no probelm with mas zero fares just allow us to compete on all routes. why should consumers not be allowed to fly on their most profitanle routes.
anyway thanks or the commens. we will do our best o give consuumers good value,
kind rgeards,
tony airasia

About This Blog

Tabuxander is a personal blog. It is a journal about my three white pearls:

Pearl #1 - my family.

Pearl #2 - my obsession about technology, gadget and everything in it, especially HTC, iPod Touch, and Linux

Pearl #3 - my experience about selling online via eBay, Bonanzle, and other online websites.


About me

I am tabuxander. Visit my wife's blog to know more about my family

If you like this blog, read my blog post via RSS and if you don't really want to do that, follow me on twitter.

Assume that you really like me instead of my blog, add me as a friend on facebook.

I have items to give them to you, but it cost you money. [via eBay! Malaysia or eBay! US | Bonanzle ]

Recent Blog Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP