Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, March 03, 2008

My Ringgit has gone wild and uncontrolled.

Last month's expenses exploded suddenly because of unexpected events happened. Emergency situation and other things turn out beyond my expectation. Here, I list down what have occurred last month:


+My eyeglasses frame was damage, went to repair, and break again. RM 160.00
Consider it emergency case because it broke unexpectedly and I can't live without my eyeglasses, I'll go blind. ;) So I have to use my emergency fund to pay a new frame because my current frame can’t be repaired.

+Labour fee: RM420. Prepaid call card in case of emergency: RM60.00. Massage for new mom: RM150.00 Other Medical Expenses: RM 110.
My wife had delivered our cutest little baby on February. I already separated for labouring budget in emergency fund and I don’t have to worry about insufficient money when it comes to medical expenses.

+Flight for Balik Kampung : RM86.00 + RM285.00
I planned to visit my parent-in-law and share our happiness of our newborn baby. Ok, I’m not supposed to use emergency fund for this kind of purpose, but I have no money left. I reluctantly used it and I know I broke the emergency fund rule.

+My little nephew throw a rock to my back glass pane of car for fun: RM350.00
At that moment, I felt furious and I really spanked my nephew for doing that thing. New back glass pane cost RM350.00. I really need to use the car and so I drew out my emergency fund.

I'm glad I have emergency fund that covered all these unpredicted expenses and I feel a little bit relief because my regular monthly cash flow ran smoothly without heavy distortion. As at 3rd march 2008, my emergency fund decrease 70% and it may be takes a while to recover. My goal for the next three months is to concentrate on raising emergency fund and I'll set aside my money for RM300 a month.

What I’ve learned from this situation.
++Unexpected things happen and we need to get prepared when they come.
++Emergency fund is useful when in case of emergency.
++Emergency fund is a mandatory thing for everyone.
++It gives you financial safety net, so your cash flow didn't blow up.
++Don't use your emergency fund for fun, travelling, high tech gadget, and others.

I might be in the financial stress if I don’t make an emergency fund a few years back. I’m very thankful because I have no money problem when handling unexpected event.


3 comments:

jabbar 3/05/2008 12:47 AM  

bagus gak idea emergency fun tu...anyway jabbar tolong klik kat iklan2 google abg jahid hari2

Arnold 3/08/2008 7:15 AM  

Emergency Fund is needed for everyone. Let's call it EF as a short name.

A. Smith 3/08/2008 7:19 AM  

I guess emergency situation usually happens once in a year

About This Blog

Tabuxander is a personal blog. It is a journal about my three white pearls:

Pearl #1 - my family.

Pearl #2 - my obsession about technology, gadget and everything in it, especially HTC, iPod Touch, and Linux

Pearl #3 - my experience about selling online via eBay, Bonanzle, and other online websites.


About me

I am tabuxander. Visit my wife's blog to know more about my family

If you like this blog, read my blog post via RSS and if you don't really want to do that, follow me on twitter.

Assume that you really like me instead of my blog, add me as a friend on facebook.

I have items to give them to you, but it cost you money. [via eBay! Malaysia or eBay! US | Bonanzle ]

Recent Blog Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP