Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, February 18, 2008

What changes in my life of becoming a father

Excitement ran through me since my son’s birth and I know there’s no reason for me not to be a good father. I hope i can bear this responsibility fearlessly. Being a father isn't easy, but it's worth to learn. I spend most of the time in my house trying to learn something new especially changing diapers. Many things have changed in my lifestyle. My financial expenses and decisions changed a lot as well. There some budget has to be adjusted, amended, and revised.



I list out what changes in my life being a father in financially:

Cinema watching was a history.
I may not be watching movies at cinema on weekend as usual considering that my wife needs me to help her to take care of our son. Life can be quite tedious without watching movies but raising a child is quite enjoyable too plus it gives me an advantage to save little money here.

There's a new category in our budget.
Our usual budget covers only two persons currently. Starting this February our budget will include baby diapers, baby clothing, and baby food.

Savings for college fund.
We have to save some money to ensure our son's future secured. Higher education fees are quite high right now and it's going to be higher for the next 10 years. It's better for us to be prepared of our child’s safe net.

Decrease in entertainment expenses.
There will be adjustments in entertainment category just to give a space for child expenses. I guess I will stop buying DVDs, cinema tickets, and magazines. Now clothes and other expenses of our child is one of the top priority categories.

Strike off some items in wish list.
My desire for collecting gadget has to put aside since our child fund is needed to get our attention. The money that I put aside for my wish list items could be used for other important purposes.

My son inspires me to work harder.
And bring more money to home. I will give by best effort for my loving child to get better future. This blog is one of effort to earn extra money as a side income.

Other things beside financial that have changed in my life.

  • I wake up early every morning.
  • I lost a lot of sleep.
  • Go to bed as early as 9.30 p.m.
  • I never get a chance to relax.
  • I didn’t mind to stay at home for a whole day.
What changes in your life when you became a father?

8 comments:

Cikgu Rahim 2/20/2008 6:18 PM  

I think I lost sleep 3 hours a day. It's not an easy job but pleasurable.

L Kim 2/20/2008 6:20 PM  

I got promoted as soon as my daughter's birth. Thank God.

Dean Shield 2/20/2008 6:23 PM  

It is true that your expenses make a huge change when the third person arrived at your life. But I believe having children are a good long term investment.

Lee Yee Chuah 2/20/2008 6:26 PM  

Didn't mind to go sleep as early as 9.30pm, And i didn't sleep well actually.

Anonymous 2/20/2008 6:30 PM  

Stress and pressure from work is completely gone whenever I see my baby's face.

Sha 2/20/2008 6:32 PM  

I didn't mind spend money on diapers rather than desirable clothes hanging at boutique.

TheSpeed 2/20/2008 9:43 PM  

spend more time at home, going out less. Technically, it saves me some money.

father karen 2/21/2008 8:47 PM  

silence has not exist in my life's dictionary, only the sounds of my baby.

About This Blog

Tabuxander is a personal blog. It is a journal about my three white pearls:

Pearl #1 - my family.

Pearl #2 - my obsession about technology, gadget and everything in it, especially HTC, iPod Touch, and Linux

Pearl #3 - my experience about selling online via eBay, Bonanzle, and other online websites.


About me

I am tabuxander. Visit my wife's blog to know more about my family

If you like this blog, read my blog post via RSS and if you don't really want to do that, follow me on twitter.

Assume that you really like me instead of my blog, add me as a friend on facebook.

I have items to give them to you, but it cost you money. [via eBay! Malaysia or eBay! US | Bonanzle ]

Recent Blog Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP