Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

2008 Malaysia Consumer Price Index is rising at 2.5 %

According to Business Times, CPI or Consumer Price Index rose at 2.5%.

Consumer Price Index is an indicator of the rate of inflation in the economy because it measures changes in the cost of maintaining a particular standard of living.

Here are other important points I would like to indicate:
  • Food price – cooking oil, chicken, and sugar, will remain high and will get higher. High Demand with Short Supply pushes price to go up. Smuggle activity will increase.
  • Transport cost soars up since toll rate will escalate from 7.7% to 50% on six highways.
  • The rising inflationary pressure in 2008 would soften Bank Negara Malaysia's bias towards monetary easing unless the economic growth trend falters.
  • Government could fight inflation by adopting a tighter policy stance although this risks dragging economic growth down further.

Further reading, 2008 CPI seen rising at minimum pace of 2.5pc


1 comments:

Quek Moon 2/22/2008 9:14 PM  

My toll expenses will increase to RM 200 a month!! I can't believe it.

About This Blog

Tabuxander is a personal blog. It is a journal about my three white pearls:

Pearl #1 - my family.

Pearl #2 - my obsession about technology, gadget and everything in it, especially HTC, iPod Touch, and Linux

Pearl #3 - my experience about selling online via eBay, Bonanzle, and other online websites.


About me

I am tabuxander. Visit my wife's blog to know more about my family

If you like this blog, read my blog post via RSS and if you don't really want to do that, follow me on twitter.

Assume that you really like me instead of my blog, add me as a friend on facebook.

I have items to give them to you, but it cost you money. [via eBay! Malaysia or eBay! US | Bonanzle ]

Recent Blog Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP