Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, January 25, 2008

2008 My Early Investment in Public Mutual Fund

Last December 2007, my friend approached me to invest in Public Mutual Unit Trust. I was impressed to hear the return or dividend was surprisingly huge last year. I have heard that institution is well-known in managing fund efficiently. They still hold no.1 favourite unit trust investment in Malaysia for 2007. So I put RM 1000 as an initial investment. The price was at 0.25 sen per share so guest I obtained estimated 4000 shares of PUBLIC CHINA ITTIKAL FUND

My Goal in 2008
Here’s what I think about my investment in 2008 – to flush at least RM1200 for subsequent investment or about RM100 a month. So at the end of the year, I should have RM2200 in it (without adding the interest).

Strategy or action plan to achieve my goal

  • I plan to do automatic direct debit from my PUBLIC BANK saving account. By doing that, I don’t have to worry to save some for investment.
  • My other strategy is to save RM100 per month from my monthly salary. That is about 7% of my salary. It should be no problem for me at all but this option is slow and takes 12 month to achieve my goal.
  • I’ll be expecting to get some consolation from my employer (I’m not entitled to get bonus since I was a contract staff last year). I will channel it into this fund. So, if I got other extra money from other sources, I will put some of it into this investment.
  • I trimmed my existing budget and add RM100 as an investment. I don't have to worry about how to find an extra money.

I will continue to put RM100 per month or RM1200 per year over the next 10 years. I may not be able to enjoy that RM100 every month for other purpose but I’m glad to see my money grows in a long period of time.

Lastly, I wish that my investment in this fund will run on the right track and I hope that my plans and strategies will perform well to achieve my goal.

Next 6 reasons why I invest in unit trust How can I get 80k by just saving RM100 every month.

What people say about Public Mutual Fund.



2 comments:

Wong Meng 1/29/2008 11:16 PM  

Glad you can set aside RM100 a month. I can't even get to save RM50 per month. My expenses are tight.

Commodity broker 5/15/2012 6:39 PM  

I'm still learning from you, but I'm trying to achieve my goals. I certainly enjoy reading all that is posted on your blog.Keep the information coming. I loved it!

About This Blog

Tabuxander is a personal blog. It is a journal about my three white pearls:

Pearl #1 - my family.

Pearl #2 - my obsession about technology, gadget and everything in it, especially HTC, iPod Touch, and Linux

Pearl #3 - my experience about selling online via eBay, Bonanzle, and other online websites.


About me

I am tabuxander. Visit my wife's blog to know more about my family

If you like this blog, read my blog post via RSS and if you don't really want to do that, follow me on twitter.

Assume that you really like me instead of my blog, add me as a friend on facebook.

I have items to give them to you, but it cost you money. [via eBay! Malaysia or eBay! US | Bonanzle ]

Recent Blog Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP