Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

2008 Malaysia Economy Prediction

Malaysian Economy will remain strong according to AmInvestment.

Despite the slipping growth in several major economies, Malaysia will remain strong, annual GDP growth of 6.5%. Giant economies – US, EU, JAPAN will go down a little, Malaysia will go up a little.


What are the factors?

Rise of the inflation in 2008. The inflation rate will unlikely rise at 3 %
AmInvestment Prediction : 2.8 %

Why this happens?

  • Rise in fuel price. 30-40 sen << May be in the beginning of March or earlier. This will hurt the people’s pocket money deeply.
  • Rise in toll fares. Damn, they make the money out of nothing. It’s like Highwayman in The West. Just give us a free pass.
  • Rise in other commodity prices. Cooking oil, Beef, Chicken, Grain, and other.

The salary raise of public servant and changes in EPF policy can be as a relief to fight inflation.

Read the full story here.


4 comments:

YC 1/09/2008 1:03 AM  

We still need to be realistic though. Look at the rise of Oil, and the impeding gloomy US economy. Not trying to be pessimistic, but I do feel that the feel-good factor ain't as rosy as what our pro-govt economists would want us to believe ;-)

Zbera 1/10/2008 3:17 PM  

I agree with YC, let see when petrol rise so high above and you feel about to punch someone.

G G gloomy 1/10/2008 3:48 PM  

Yes, we need to decrease our spending to prepare any difficulties in future.

Aryzan 1/10/2008 4:26 PM  

Petrol will be rose up 30-40 sen? I cannot believe it.

About This Blog

Tabuxander is a personal blog. It is a journal about my three white pearls:

Pearl #1 - my family.

Pearl #2 - my obsession about technology, gadget and everything in it, especially HTC, iPod Touch, and Linux

Pearl #3 - my experience about selling online via eBay, Bonanzle, and other online websites.


About me

I am tabuxander. Visit my wife's blog to know more about my family

If you like this blog, read my blog post via RSS and if you don't really want to do that, follow me on twitter.

Assume that you really like me instead of my blog, add me as a friend on facebook.

I have items to give them to you, but it cost you money. [via eBay! Malaysia or eBay! US | Bonanzle ]

Recent Blog Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP